Your Guide to All Things Privacy
1. ALL FOR YOU
Your data will only be used to benefit you and your shopping experience.
2. OUR PROMISE
You have our word that we’ll treat and protect your data like it’s our own.
3. STRAIGHT UP
We’ll give it to you straight and keep you updated with what you need to know.
4. NO SMALL TALK
Let us know your preferences – you decide what and how you hear from us.
5. JUST THE ESSENTIALS
We won’t keep your data for no reason. If we don’t need them, we’ll delete them
Protecting your Privacy At ZLAY, we’ve got your back when it comes to your style and those all-important personal details. Our customers are super important to us, which means protecting our customers by keeping their personal data and information secure at all costs is a main priority. We know the world of data security can be tricky (and a little zzzz), but we want you to be fully clued up on everything you need to know when it comes to your personal information and how it’s used. Consider this your guide to all things privacy related.
HOW WE GET YOUR INFO
Most of the information you, the customer, provide us with happens when you’re engaging with us and our brand. This could be from anything from browsing the site, to purchasing and registering for an account.
When creating and registering an account, you may provide us with personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, phone number, credit card details, date of birth and other general marketing preferences.
We may also receive information from you via you entering one of our competitions, participating in any feedback questionnaires around your shopping experience with us, or from any communication you may have with our customer services team.
WHAT YOU’RE USING (DEVICE INFORMATION)
When it comes to the technology you’re using to shop with, we collect device specific information which can include the model, operating system, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
When you use our website or services, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This information can include details of what you search for, your internet protocol address (IP), device information such as operating system, browser language and date/time of any requests you make.
WHERE YOU’RE AT (LOCATION INFORMATION)
When shopping or engaging with our services we may use your IP address or location services from your device to geo-locate your approximate location. We do this to ensure we’re providing you with a relevant and optimum shopping experience with regards to everything from showing you the correct prices for your country, delivery methods and address options.
LOCAL DEVICE STORAGE
We may collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches. These techniques are used to ultimately enhance your user experience when shopping with us.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
GETTING YOUR NEW CLOTHES TO YOU (DELIVERY)
We, of course, use your address and contact data to ensure we can deliver all the must-buy products you purchase with us to your front door as soon as possible. We will also drop you several emails and text messages to provide you with updates on your order. On this, we also share selected information with our trusted courier partners, so they can also keep you updated on your parcels progress.
KEEPING YOU IN THE LOOP (MARKETING)
If you decide to opt in we’ll use your info provided to keep you up to date with all our latest news and offers. With your permission, we can contact you via email, text or keep things traditional with post. You can edit your marketing preferences, or choose to opt out at any time (hit the unsubscribe button in the email if you don’t have an account), by following these instructions:
- Log in to your account
- Navigate to My Info
TAKING YOUR MONIES (PAYMENT)
Not all the best things in life are free. At some point, if you buy clothes from us, we’ll need to take the payment for them. We use your card, and address information to process your transaction via our third-party payment processors. If when checking out you select the option requesting us to save your card details for future use, we use a secure storage method called tokenisation which means no one can see or copy your details. Good to know, right?
THE NITTY GRITTY (FRAUD PREVENTION)
To protect our customers and services, we use data to prevent fraud and malicious activity. This includes the use of your Internet Protocol address (aka your IP address), device information and address data. This also ensures we meet our legal responsibilities to ensure our business and customers are protected at all times.
PURCHASE HISTORY AND SAVED ITEMS
We get a pretty good idea of what you like, or might like, from your purchase history, wish list or saved items. We then use this data to show you more stuff you might like.
LOGGING IN VIA THIRD PARTY SERVICES
If you decide to log into your account with us using a third-party service such as via Facebook, some information must be shared for this to work. Doing this helps you log in faster in future and saves you remembering several passwords at once.
FIXING YOUR PROBLEMS (CUSTOMER SERVICES)
If you ever contact our customer service team with a complaint or an issue, we’ll keep a record of your communication to help us in the future with any issues you may have. We may also use this to improve our team and ensure we can answer your questions correctly and efficiently.
KEEPING THINGS COOL AND CURRENT (USER EXPERIENCE)
We use cookie information and other technologies to provide a personalised user experience to our customers to give them the best shopping experience possible. This allows us to improve the quality of our services, and provide customers with the most relevant content. We use several automated systems that analyse content to provide customers with personalised search results, promotions and offers.
We’re pretty big on putting ourselves and our brand out there to keep our customers up to date on our goings on and latest product offering. We do this through advertising. With this, we look to target you, the customer, with our banners and adverts – even when you’re using other websites and services not associated with us. To deliver this content, we use a number of digital marketing networks, as well as several advertising technologies including pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers and web beacons. The adverts you see from us will use some of the information we’re currently holding about you, or pervious information from your use of our services.
We take the protection of our customer’s data very seriously, so you can trust we wouldn’t, and don’t, sell or distribute any of your personal data to untrusted third parties. We do, however, share relevant parts of your data with select third parties if they are processing data on our behalf. These are closely selected, monitored and audited companies who assist us in providing our services to you the customer. We call these companies data processors, to help explain what they do we have broken these down to four key categories:
- Companies that help us and our customers use our services such as payment processors, warehouse team, courier companies and return services.
- Service providers that we work closely with to help us run things day to day and provide better experiences to customers. These companies include Google, advertising partners, our website hosting company and various other tools we use such as multi-variant testing etc.
- Companies that we feel sure get our customer’s approval. These include social media sites (such as when you login with Facebook), or if you decide to checkout using PayPal when shopping with us.
Any other third parties will not receive your personal identifiable information. They may however get access to anonymized data which we use to identify patterns and market trends.
YOUR INFORMATION AND USAGE OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA(EEA)
Any third parties processing customer data outside of the EEA on behalf of ZLAY must participate in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. This ensures that companies have a standard for protecting and processing your data. We sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information to a third party, the third party’s access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must also comply with Privacy Shield obligations.
KEEPING YOUR INFO ON FILE
When it comes to keeping your deets on file, we basically hold your personal information for:
- As long as you have an account with us.
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you.
- Or as long as it is necessary in order to produce support related activities.
In certain cases, we may keep hold of some of your information after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. This type of situation may arise if your details are needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
SAYING NO TO UNWANTED MARKETING MESSAGES
If, at any time, you decide you want us to stop hitting you up via your inbox – this is cool. You can stop receiving any form of marketing messages from us by:
- Letting us know via updating your account settings to reflect this new request.
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or text message you receive from us.
- Getting in touch and contacting our customer services team direct.
Once any of the above are actioned, we’ll update your profile. Don’t worry, choosing to stop receiving our marketing messages won’t stop communications with us completely. You’ll still get important updates you need to know about from us with regards to your order(s), we call these ‘service contacts’.
When it comes to your personal info, you have a lot of rights. These include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by companies.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we purge your data, stop processing it or collecting it in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your country’s data protection regulator — in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint to make, or just have a question for us – get in touch!
SAY HEY AND CONTACT US
Our customers are super important to us so feel free to hit us up with any issues or queries you have. Here’s when to get in touch:
- If you have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- If you would like us to stop using your information.
- If you want to exercise any of your rights mentioned above.
- If you have a complaint – if you feel we’ve let you down or there’s any areas we could do better, we wanna know about it.
Our Customer Care team are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact our privacy team by dropping us a line through our contact us page
- Functionality Cookies – The cookies required for users to navigate the website and use features such as add to bag and login.
- Preference Cookies – The cookies used to store your preferences. This includes things like language and country so we can make your experience way more personal – it’s all about you!
- Analytics Cookies – The cookies that allow us to analyse how customers use the website and allow us to action this information to improve our experience and offering. We always wanna make things better for you.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies – The cookies used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you. They’re also used to track ‘click through’ and engagement of our adverts to help us measure our marketing campaigns.